Happy #samplesunday Grammers/Pressers and fellow readers!
If you aren’t doing so yet, please follow my Instagram page @faithengenellis101 to stay up to date on the latest recipes, workout videos, and tips to leading a healthy lifestyle.
I tried, tasted, and tasted again, these soft, gooey, delicious Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are a healthier alternative to store bought cookies, however, with them being SO delicious they quickly grew to be unhealthy. If you guys have listened before, I am an addict when it comes to sweets. I made these for those of you who can control themselves but want a small, decadent treat here and there.
First, I got all of my ingredients together (as I always like to do):
This just makes cooking/baking easier for me personally when I have everything in front of me and I can just grab as I go along. Now I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because I could not find dark chocolate chips at Aldi’s. If you’re somewhere else and can grab dark, I would opt for those. Semi-sweet were very sweet to me.
Be sure your cream cheese and butter have sat out to soften up. The butter should be unsalted and your cream cheese should be regular full fat. No whipped or low fat alternatives for this recipe!
I mixed my flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt first and set that bowl to the side.
Next, I put my sugars, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla into a bowl to mix with my stand mixer. You will beat these together until smooth and fluffy, and little by little, mix in the flour mixture. Soon you will have a nice dough!
Once you have your dough, you can mix in your chocolate chips and put this in the fridge while you preheat your oven and spray your cookie sheets.
I took a large spoon and started forming my cookies onto the sprayed cookie sheet after about 10 minutes of them sitting in the fridge. I didn’t really “form” them so to speak, I just kind of spooned and set them on the sheet. I patted there edges a bit to make sure the cookie was together, but they won’t really spread so just keep that in mind.
Then you can pop these babies in the oven and bake them for about 12 minutes. NOTE: The edges will be brown but the tops will appear white-ish, almost like the middle of the cookie is still doughy. It’s not. If the edges are brown, take them out. They firm up after they sit but I guess with the cream cheese they have a white appearance.
They were delicious!!!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened (don’t use fat free, light or whipped cream cheese!)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg and vanilla together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. I use a stand mixer.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. After each addition mix until just incorporated. I do 5-7 small additions.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix briefly to distribute.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes while you proceed to the next step.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° and spray baking sheets with a light mist of non stick spray. When ready, scoop the dough and place 2” apart on the cookie sheet. These cookies really don’t spread that much.
- Bake 11-12 minutes. The sides should just be starting to brown. You don’t want them to be brown. Just have a nice kiss of color. Let them cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.