Hey Fellow Pressers, Grammers, and all wonderful people!
We have another GREAT #samplesunday for you. This recipe will be highly useful yet super easy on your calorie intake and carb intake (for those of you watching that). Macro-watchers, I can see this being beneficial for your fat intake due to the use of eggs.
CLOUD BREAD YA’LL!
Anyway ya slice it (HA-HA) this recipe is fun, simple, and delicious. I freaked out because you have to move quickly, but once I did it I was like “Oh, my how easy that just was!”
I am so happy to share this tried, tested, and tasted recipe with you guys. Here’s the breakdown:
First, I sat out all of my (yes, ALL) ingredients:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese (Room temp)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the whites and beat the whites with the hand mixer on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks.
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do the following as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds onto lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favorite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on the middle rack. Then broil (cook the top) for 1 minute or a minute and a half and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!